Embark on a thorough exploration of trouser making with the Stitch to Fit: Mastering Trouser Making course at The Craft Company.
Spanning over four weeks and sixteen hours, this comprehensive course is tailored to equip participants with both fundamental and advanced trouser making techniques.
Whether you are a novice looking to learn the basics or a seasoned practitioner aiming to hone your skills, this course offers a rich learning experience.
The journey begins with an in-depth study of pattern drafting and grading. Participants will learn to decipher patterns accurately, which is pivotal in creating well-fitted trousers. The hands-on exercise of constructing a toile allows participants to delve into the practical aspects of adjusting and altering patterns to achieve a desired fit.
As the course progresses, participants will be introduced to the advanced sewing techniques. You will be able to choose to sew relaxed or more fitted trousers and will learn sewing them from scratch, mastering the making of waistbands, pleats, darts, pockets, zip and button fastenings. This will provide a thorough and well-rounded understanding and skill set essential for professional trouser making.
– Comprehensive training in pattern drafting and grading.
– Practical exercises in reading, adjusting, and altering patterns.
– Hands-on toile construction and the transfer of alterations to original patterns.
– Advanced tailoring techniques including mark stitching, inlays, and precise cutting.
– In depth learning of many sewing techniques, including sewing waistbands, pleats, darts, zip, button fastenings and pockets.
– Expert guidance and feedback throughout the course duration.
– Engaging classroom environment at The Craft Company facilitating focused learning.
The relaxed fit trousers will feature:
- Half elasticated waistband on the back
- Front pleats
- Zip & button closing
- Slanted pockets
- Wide leg, loose fit at the bottom.
The fitted trouser will feature:
- Fitted waistband with no elastic
- Front and back darts
- Zip and button closing (can change button for a big popper)
- Straight pockets
- Cigarette style, fitted at the bottom.
All the tools will be provided and the fabric and other necessary notions are sold right here at The Craft Company. You are welcome to explore other fabric shops too and we will be happy to advice regarding the most suitable fabric for the project.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and send your measurements so we can prepare the primary pattern for you.
TEACHERS: Sonia Andreeva and Gerda Drutyte.
REQUIRED SKILS: Beginners are welcome! Suitable for adults and teenagers.
NECESSARY MATERIALS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE: Fabric for the trousers and a matching thread.
This workshop has a maximum capacity of 6 participants. It will be held with a minimum of 2 participants.
The full amount will be refunded in case of a written cancellation and not later than 1 week in advance, in relation to the day and time scheduled of the Workshop.