In this class, students will learn all the skills needed to walk away feeling confident with this artistic colourwork method. After trying out the technique with a small swatch in two colours, participants will look at different intarsia charts as examples and learn how to read them. Yarn organization and finishing will be explored, including the best ways to add in new yarns for a clean and professional look, as well as tips on handling and organizing multiple yarns at a time. We will work on a botanical intarsia chart that uses different weights of yarns to create an organic patterning effect. After completion of the class, students will walk away with all the skills needed to confidently knit the Jardin Pullover.
Instructor: Florence Spurling
Materials needed for the workshop, not included in the price:
- 2 colours of yarn in the same weight plus corresponding needles to practice the intarsia method
- Yarn for the botanical intarsia swatch in different weights: laceweight (the Jardin pattern uses silk/mohair), fingering weight, two lots of chunky weight in different colours/textures (the pattern uses chunky mohair and chunky boucle)
- Size 5 mm / US 8 needles for the botanical intarsia swatch
Included: Jardin Pullover pattern by Florence Spurling
Sizes available: 90 (100, 110, 120, 130) (140, 150, 160, 170)cm
Approximate Mohair/Lace weight yarn requirements for the pattern Main Colour (MC): 276 (395, 519, 641, 769) (894, 1020, 1140, 1266) m
Approximate Fingering weight (held double throughout) yarn requirements for the pattern Contrast Colour 1: 103 (157, 215, 273, 340) (405, 460, 507, 554) m
Approximate Mohair/Chunky weight yarn requirements for the pattern Contrast Colour:
- CC2 – 70 (102, 136, 169, 205) (239, 271, 303, 333) m
- CC3 – 26 (29, 32, 35, 37) (39, 44, 48, 53) m
- CC4 – 87 (130, 176, 224, 275) (322, 372, 422, 471) m
The amount will only be refunded in case of cancellation, if this is done 1 week in advance, in relation to the day and time scheduled for the Workshop.